Potato and Leek Soup
- 2 pounds boiling potatos -peeled and sliced
- 1 pound leeks - washed and sliced
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 celery stalk - sliced
- 5 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of soured creamed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1. Melt the butter over medium heat in a large saucepan.
2. Add the vegetables, cover, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring freguently.
3. Add the stock or broth, 1/2 cup of milk, the bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until the vegetables are tender- around 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Throw out the bay leaf, and let the soup cool for 10 - 15 minutes.
6. Add to a blender and liquidise. Pour into a saucepan and warm over medium heat.
7. Stir in the remaining 2 cups of milk.
8. Serve the soup in bowls and swirl in 1 tablespoon soured cream into each serving. Sprinkle with the chives.